Brighton Born and Bread's 2nd birthday


Firstly, how crazy that I have officially had my blog for two years! I wanted to mark the occasion by writing a blog post not only to acknowledge it but also so that, hopefully, in years to come I can have a look back as well. 

So to celebrate, I am going to look back to some of the amazing things I have been lucky enough to do through this blog and share some of my goals for the next year!


Firstly, the reviews. This blog began because of my absolute love of food and especially the food in this city. I have been lucky enough to be invited to a range of restaurants in Brighton over the last two years and some of my highlights have to be:


Henry and I went along to try their new vegan and vegetarian menu and were blown away by the attention to detail and allergens and the delicious dishes they had come up with.

A must-visit destination which I only managed to get down to after being invited to their relaunch. After rebranding from senor buddah and with a second venue just opened they are a staple on my recommendations list now. 

I was lucky enough to invited to the opening of the newer Hove branch of Cin Cin. I love the feel of their second site and of course, the menu is stunning. Since then I have not only visited again but interviewed head chef Jamie Halsall to find out everything food and Brighton that he loves.

You haven't been to Brighton in autumn without knowing about Octoberbest. 
I went along to their award show for this year's top 20 restaurants and since then have been waiting for the restaurant festival to kick off. I was fortunate enough to have a preview lunch and dinner of both The Gingerman and Gingerpig menus and was blown away!

I have also been lucky enough to be able to work with some brands that I am a huge fan of and created some content with them. 

I loved my visit to the Sarson's vinegar factory and learnt so much not only about vinegar but also their other products. I was also amazed to work with Marks and Spencer on their beef traceability campaign, creating one of their steak recipes. 
More local businesses like Choccywoccydoodah, Bison Beer and The Watchmaker's arms have also been nice enough to invite me along to find out more about how they run their businesses too. 


My work with the community kitchen has also been an amazing and still developing experience which I look forward to working on more in the future. 
I went along to their opening and fell in love with both the Brighton and Hove partnership but also the community kitchen and all of those who have worked there. I keep going back as well and have already tried pasta making with Jamie Halsall and sushi making.. And there's more to come soon!



And finally, Brighton Blogger events. 

In March of this year, I launched BB events with a bloggers brunch at the very instagramable Six followed by an evening in May of cocktails at Plotting Parlour. I am really looking forward to relaunching the events in the new year and being able to not only meet other bloggers in the city but also continue to share experiences with some of the amazing ones I have already met. 


 Over the next year, I can't wait to continue to grow and improve my blog, with some changes coming soon and continue to work with different bloggers and brands both in Brighton and afar! 




If you would like to be involved in any of the quests I am planning for next year leave a comment or email me at brightonbb@hotmail.com, I would love to hear what you would like to see from my blog or if you would like to be involved in the relaunch of BB Events. 



No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig