My 7 Octoberbest must visits


So as you have probably heard me mention (once or twice) October best is back. For those who don't know, October best is a Brighton-based restaurant festival focusing on the top restaurants, as voted for by a Brighton-based panel. 

The festival is run by Brighton's Best Restaurants who annually announce the Top 20 restaurants in Brighton. Each restaurant offers various deals including £20 menus. With so many to choose from and restaurants like The Little Fish Market and 64 Degrees already being sold out, here are my recommendations for you to book asap!
I work full-time hours alongside this blog so I have focused mainly on menus on offer in the evenings or weekends


Firstly, I have to mention the two 'Gingers'. I was lucky enough to preview both the Gingerman and the Gingerpig menus over the last few weeks and both were amazing. With the Gingerman focusing on a sharing platter for two championing local pork and the Gingerpig having not only a three-course menu (with meat and vegetarian options) but a wine pairing with each, they are definitely worth a visit. 
Gingerman is on offer Tuesday-Saturday, Lunch and Dinner, The Gingerpig menu is available Monday to Thursday 12-3pm & 6-7pm and Friday 12-3pm
Read my full review for Gingerman here and Gingerpig here



Next on my list of must visits, and the first on my October best list is the Coal Shed. I have, of course, eaten there before and it is a steak lovers dream! With not only perfectly cooked meat the sides are beautiful too- the menu for Octoberbest offers three courses with a fish, meat and vegetarian option. I cannot wait to try the beer braised brisket which comes with red cabbage and truffle mash!
Try the Coal Shed menu Monday-Thursday 12pm-4pm and 6pm-7pm



The seafront sister of Coal Shed, The Salt Room is another on my must-visit lists during Octoberbest. Again a favourite of mine, I was lucky enough to try their afternoon tea last year but this time the visit will be all about the fish. The Salt room are offering another three-course menu with options from smoked mackerel with oyster mayo to cod en papillote. There are actually options for both fish lovers and fish-haters, with a delicious corn-fed chicken main.
Their menu is on offer Monday- Thursday 12pm-4pm & 6pm-7pm

Next, for somewhere I've (shockingly) never been to before, Silo. The very-Brighton waste reducing and produce championing restaurant is offering a 4-course dinner which they have named Ambrosia. Ambrosia is described by the restaurant as a twist on ‘the food of the gods’.Championing wild ingredients, unknown ingredients and nose to tail that is often not given the attention they deserve.


The last of my recommendations is for all of those lucky ones who work in town and have long lunches! Both of the Cin Cin branches are offering 3 course lunch menus with highlights including a nduja and cavolo nero pasta dish and a truffled mushroom arancini that I'd risk the day off for! Having been to the opening of the Western Road restaurant earlier this year and even having a chance to interview head chef, Jamie Halsall these will no doubt be two amazing lunch options. It's also worth noting that both menus come with a glass of something sparkling!
Those lucky enough get their menus Wednesday-Saturday, 12.30pm-2.30pm

Did you see my last blogtober post? My top 3 autumnal Brighton walks


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig