My 2017 resolutions.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Firstly, I want to start by wishing you all a Happy New Year. Not because that's what everyone says when the clock strikes midnight, but because I really hope that 2017 brings us all happiness. We all know that 2016 has been a year of major change for the county and the world, things have developed and things have happened, that mean that the future is a little uncertain... BUT these things have happened, and we can't change them now! So I think that rather than spend the next 12 months worrying about what might happen, it is important for us to look at what we can change. 

Things may go wrong in the world but this is your life; you can only control so much of it and what you can control will determine your happiness. 

So here are my New Year's resolutions; how I am going to take a bit more control of my life, be a bit more selfish, and achieve my goals. 

#1 Travel More 
When I was younger, traveling was never high on my to-do list. But with the changes that are happening in my daily life, and the things that have happened in the world, I would be crazy not to embrace the fact that at this point in my life I can just pop away for the weekend and not have to worry about dog/cat/babysitters. I want to see more of the world, but I also want to see more of this country too!

#2 Hygge More
No your're a basic trend follower! Yes, I know that everyone is talking about Hygge at the moment and what it means, but I have been really interested in the idea since I listened to the author of 'The little book of Hygge' Meik Wiking on Emma Gannon's podcast, Ctrl Alt Delete, a little while ago. I am not just interested in what it means to create Hygge, but also how I can find it on my own; taking more time for myself enjoying what I like. 

#3 Read More
Again, me time! I love sitting down with a good book; getting lost in the worlds of others (or other worlds) and learning about the world I'm in but from other people's perspectives. I am planning on reading at least one book a month and am trying to find as many different authors and genres as possible.


#4 Exercise More

Yes, losing a couple of pounds is part of this, but this is more about the 'me time'. When I was younger I danced three times a week and used to compete on a national level; I loved the exercise and enjoyed it more than anything. So this year I want to start to enjoy exercise again.


#5 Blog More
This isn't actually about more content. I want 2017 to be the year that I become more involved with all things to do with my blog; trying harder with my photography and getting more involved in the blog community. I started this blog as something that I have wanted to do for a while and now I have been doing it for a couple of months, I want to give it my all.



I will be doing weekly posts on each of these resolutions in more detail, so keep an eye out for those! 

What are your New Year's resolutions? 
Let me know @brightonbb_

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig