So I asked... Jess Scott

Jess Scott 

Jess is a social media manager based in Brighton. Previously half of the successful food blog Jess and Josh cook, she is a true Brightonion with a passion for Brighton, food and helping other people to become successful in their passions too.

So let's start at the beginning…
Whats your favourite childhood food memory?
One of my earliest and fondest memories of food was my uncle coming down to Brighton from Yorkshire where he lived to visit us. He took me and my two sisters round Sainsburys and we got to pick whatever we wanted to eat and then we went and had a little picnic in a field behind Sainsburys with a little tent and camping stove. 

Why did you pick to live in Brighton (or Hove)?
I was born in Portslade but my family moved to Spain when I was young and when we decided to move back to the UK, Brighton was the obvious choice. 

That was 10 years ago now and I've lived in Brighton and Hove and I just love the city so much. I've visited a lot of other cities in the UK and contemplated moving, but nowhere compares to our city!

Where is your favourite place to go to in Brighton, somewhere just to relax?
Either the Pavillion Gardens (but that isn't very relaxing!) or down to the beach in Kemptown as it's a lot quieter down that end.

Now to get hungry...
What is your ultimate weekend breakfast? Who would cook it?
I love cooking potato rosti's for breakfast, especially sweet potato ones with a fried egg on top!

And what is your favourite family recipe? Don’t worry we won’t steal it!
I don't come from a foodie family, but my dad makes THE best roast potatoes I've ever had in my life. Nobody and nowhere has ever beaten them!

If you could only use one seasoning for the rest of your life, what would it be?
SALT! I'm unhealthily obsessed with salt.

Instagram, has it had a positive/negative impact on what you do? 
Positive! I love Instagram but I don't take it too seriously. I love discovering new foodie places in Brighton and new people to follow in the area.


Now for the quickfire round…
Chocolate or cheese? 
Choc!
Tea of coffee? 
Coffee all the way, but it has to be decaf these days.
Instagram or Twitter? 
Instagram! I feel like Twitter is dying a slow death these days.
Starter or dessert? 
Always a starter, or both 😉
Most overrated and underrated food? 
Avocado - overrated. Beans - underrated!

It's your last meal and you get three courses, what do you choose?
I'm very easily pleased and love simple foods, so for starters, I'd have something like a prawn cocktail or a good veggie soup with fresh bread and lurpak butter. 
For main, I'd probably have something pasta-based. You can't beat a good veggie lasagne or a spag bol.
For dessert, it would have to be a chocolate fudge cake!

You get one final phone call to anyone in the world, who do you call?
Anyone?! Probably Antoni from Queer Eye to tell him how much I love him. 


And finally, What are your 2018 goals? Or something you are looking forward to this year?

My goal for 2018 was to be more environmentally friendly, and I'm really looking forward to doing a bit more travelling this year! 


Make sure to check out Jess's own instagram account here and some of the others that she beautifully manages like Headblush Glitta and Kitty Shaw photography.

Did you see my last post? We spent the day with Chilli pickle, tried one of their amazing Thali's and even got to sneak into their kitchen. Read all about it here

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig