My Winnie the Pooh Honey cake


I love Disney, for most people who know me that will not come as a surprise. I also love food, again no surprises there! So when I can combine those two things then its a no brainer for me. 

With this month being Valentine's day, what better time to combine those two loves into something sweet to share! This recipe is, of course, inspired by the adorable Winnie The Pooh- I love the Winnie the Pooh story from the books to the old series and now the new film adaptations- so what else could I do as my first 'Disney' inspired food than a Winnie the Pooh classic; honey, and more specifically a honey cake. 

Ingredients

175g unsalted butter
75g light brown muscovado sugar
140g honey 
2 eggs- separated into yolk and whites
225g self-raising flour
zest of half a lemon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Method
  • Mix together the yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl, when fully combined add in your softened butter making sure to get out all of the lumps
  • Add in the honey, zest and the spices 
  • Sieve in the flour and mix well 
  • Mix in the whites, it will feel like the mix won't combine.. just keep going!
  • Spoon into medium size muffin tins 
  • Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned. If you can't tell then use a sharp knife in the middle of the muffin and if it comes out clean they're done. 
Serve warm with a drizzle of honey on top to glaze

Which Disney or Non-Disney recipes would you like to see on the blog? I can't wait to try out some more of the classics; maybe the grey stuff from Beauty and the beast or some Princess and the frog Beignets? Let me know what you'd like to see in the comments

Did you see my last blog post? Dry-january may be over but there is always space for a good cocktail recipe that you can enjoy on the weekday without the headache the next day! Check out my Dry-January mocktail recipes post here

“‘When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,’ said Piglet at last, ‘What’s the first thing you say to yourself?’
‘What’s for breakfast?’ said Pooh. ‘What do you say, Piglet?’
‘I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?’ said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. ‘It’s the same thing,’ he said.” 





No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig