The dry-January mocktails


Full admission, I am not doing dry January. I’m doing dry weekday January but I’m too much of a committed friend to quite say goodbye to a merlot for a whole month! But I know there are a lot of people who are, so this one is for you.

Berry Sober 
This recipe makes two

2 lemons cut in half
75g fresh blackberries
50g icing sugar
Soda water

In a blender blitz together the berries, lemons and icing sugar
Pass all of the mixture through a sieve to avoid bits
Pour into your glass
Add soda water and stir
Taste test; if it's too sharp for you then add more icing sugar!

Garnish with a wedge of lemon on the side of the glass- because why not?!

Feeling like an elder-flower
This recipe is for one (because really, how many people are still going by this point?!)




1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 tbsp elderflower cordial
Seeds and juice from 1/2 pomegranate 
1tbsp lime juice
250ml lemonade 
1 tsp edible glitter

Combine the juice, cordial and lime juice and stir
Add in your pomegranate and shake 
Sieve out your pomegranate seeds into your serving glass
Top with lemonade and stir in edible glitter 
Decorate with the other half of the pomegranate, just to make it look fancy!



So, you may not be doing dry January but are you doing veganuary or just trying to cut out meat? To celebrate pie day this year (yeah, it's a thing!) I decided to make a vegetarian pie for Henry and I and, inspired by a friends' baby shower buffet. 
I made my take on a greek pie! Find the full recipe for it here


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig