7 things to do in winter Brighton


It's officially December. We've had to do our first winter walk to work and the Christmas lights are officially up! I spend so much time in summer out and about doing things but I love the idea of wrapping up warm and doing some winter activities in Brighton- we might be a summer city but sometimes its good to appreciate the slower version of Brighton too!

So here is my list of things to do in Winter both in Brighton and nearby...
  1. Go for a winter walk wrapped up really warm along the beach. I love the quiet calm of the beach in winter and with the winter sun it’s a great winter walk. The beach huts are also doing an advent calendar again this year so make sure to check out some of those
  2. Ice skating. I will put this on my to-do list until someone bloody comes with me! I love the look of the ice skating rink outside pavilion and its a great activity for date nights and family outing and if you don't want to skate I've heard the rink-side cafe is lovely as well. 
  3. Weekday shopping. I might be alone in this but I love to go Christmas shopping! My favourite thing is wandering around the shops on a weekday or late night looking for things for the ones I love (do this early though because no one likes Christmas Eve shopping in Churchill square!)
  4. Go and see the Christmas lights. Okay so they’re no Oxford Circus but I love the Brighton Christmas lights and sometimes we take them for granted. Take time to walk through the laines and look at the beautiful lights- especially the words along Western road!
  5. Hot drinks and chats. Why not head to three stacks in Hove; you can’t beat hot drinks and all day pancakes! 
  6. Batch cooking. Make a big portion of food and stick it in a slow cooker for the day; something like chilli or stew are a perfect winter meal 
  7. Build a den and stick on some Christmas films. Okay okay so technically I am an adult and maybe I'm in my late twenties but you just can't beat a den! Get all of the pillows and duvet off of the bed and surround yourself in them, turn down the lights and maybe put up some fairy lights as well. Keep an eye out for my post coming soon about all of my favourite Christmas films that you can find online
Did you see my last post? I wrote about my favourite festive local, The Watchmakers Arms which is Brighton and Hove's first micropub. 


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig