Weekend in the country


Last weekend Henry and I headed to Rodmell, a little village just outside of Lewes, for his birthday surprise. I had rented the Woodmans snug as a birthday surprise for Henry through air bnb a few weeks ago and was so excited to get there. From Brighton we took a short train to Lewes and took a taxi to the village; saddled with four bags, lots of snacks and probable too many clothes we were greeted by a very happy guest and given the key to our beautiful for the weekend. 




I loved the mezzanine feeling of the snug, it was perfect for a couple getaway in the countryside. I especially loved the extra details that there were around the snug;





Saturday we woke up early to the breakfast we had brought with us and headed to Lewes for a walk. I love Lewes and have been before but we managed to find a gorgeous walk there. headed to Lewes for lunch and then took a stream walk back to the snug for a platter dinner. 






I can't recommend highly enough a trip to this beautiful Woodmans snug; the hosts were accommodating and the local was perfect for someone who likes a good walk but an easy taxi journey into the town of Lewes.

Let me know what your ideal weekend away would be.. or if you have ever stayed in the Woodman's snug in the comments below.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig